On the Frontier’s Edge – Convent of the Sacred Heart

Convent of the Sacred Heart

Convent of the Sacred Heart

Convent of the Sacred Heart, the first foundation house of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary in Oakland, California, 1868.  The building grew to hold the novitiate, provincial offices, College of the Holy Names, and convent school. They remained at this site until the 1950s.


Share this article: